[This call is closed]
Dear IGF Applicants,
Due to reported issues with mailing and submission of hard copies of IGF applications to Fiji, the deadline for receipt of the hard copies is extended to 3 May at 16:00 (Fiji Time).
Electronic submission of the IGF Application and Supporting Documents must be received by email@example.com by the deadline of 25 April at 16:00 (Fiji Time). Scanned copies of delivery notes as proof that hard copies have been mailed should also be submitted by the 25 April at 16:00 (Fiji Time).
Hard copies of submissions can be hand delivered to the new address: PIPSO c/o Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat Compound, Ratu Sukuna Road, Suva, Fiji. If there is a problem, please call: +679 7736303 and +679 7736300.
Hardcopy submissions by express or registered mail should be sent to the originally stated address: PIPSO, Level 1 Korobasaga House, 31 Gorrie Street, Suva.
Reminder – For an IGF Application to be considered, the completed application form and supporting documents should be sent both electronically (and received by email on 25 April by 16:00 Fiji time ) and in hardcopy by the extended deadline of 03 May at 16:00 Fiji time.
We look forward to receiving your applications,
The IGF Team
What is the IGF?
The Innovation Grant Facility (IGF) provides funding to agro-based small & medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in seven Pacific Island States; Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga and Vanuatu to access knowledge, technologies or expertise and build staff capacity to improve product quality, expand product offerings, enhance process efficiency, increase market share or competitiveness.
Maximum amount per grant award is Euro 17,000 (≈ USD 20,000).
About the call
In 2016, the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) launched a four-year project on “Leveraging the Development of Local Food Crops and Fisheries Value Chains for Improved Nutrition and Sustainable Food Systems in the Pacific Islands” which is being implemented in partnership with the Pacific Islands Private Sector Organisation (PIPSO). The project targets seven Pacific Island States: Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu.
The overall project goal is to; “strengthen the capacity of the Pacific Island Governments, Farmer and Private Sector Organizations, and Sub-Regional institutions to develop strategies and programmes, as well as mobilize financing, that can increase poor rural people’s access to nutritious and healthy food”. The IGF is to be used by Pacific agro-SMEs to “take the next steps” to grow their business and contribute, directly or indirectly, to the sustainable development of the agriculture and fishery sectors. The call for applications for online submissions will close on 25 April 2018.
Priority will be given to SMEs who can demonstrate that the grant will be used to directly or indirectly benefit smallholder farmers, rural farming communities and disadvantaged groups, youth and women.
Who can apply?
SMEs contributing, directly or indirectly, to the sustainable development of the agriculture & fishery sectors with a focus on the development and/or upgrading of nutritionally, culturally & environmentally sensitive local food crops & fisheries value chains in the seven target countries.
Criteria for Eligible SMEs
- Registered in and fully or majority owned by citizens of Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu.
- Be a legal entity (e.g. sole proprietorship, or limited liability or public company with maximum 20% government share).
- Employ a minimum of three full time equivalent staff members and/or has a minimum annual sales turnover of EUR 17,000 (USD ≈ 20,000).
- Can contribute at least 20% of the total project budget (cash and/or in-kind).
Examples of IGF funded activities
- Facility design
- Feasibility/market studies
- Marketing plan or business plan development
- Research and product development
- Employee or business to business training
- Laboratory testing & technical support
- Small equipment purchase (< Euro 2,500 ≈ USD 2,940)
Interested parties are invited to read the IGF Guidelines with great attention and submit the requested documents before the deadline of 25 April 2018 at 16:00 (Fiji Time).
Note to Applicants
- All applicants are required to complete and submit the using the Application Forms and Templates available for download within the stated deadline.
- The service provider(s) selected by the SMEs should have the necessary expertise and be registered in the IGF database
- All IGF funded activities are to be completed within 12 months.
The completed application, originals and copies, must be received in hard-copy at PIPSO, Level 1 Korobasaga House, 31 Gorrie Street, Suva, Fiji by 3 May 2018 and an electronic copy of all documents (PDF, Word and Excel format) must be scanned and sent to the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org on /or before the deadline 25 April 2018.
Feel free to download the flyer and share with others that could be interested to apply! Download flyer here
Documents for Download: